Calling all new and emerging science writers! ScienceCalling.com is running a new series Emerging Writer at the end of March that will feature a number of new guest writers.
This series is all about encouraging budding writers into the world of science communication and journalism. If you are interested, here is how you can get involved:
- Think of a science topic that you would like to research and write about.
- Contact me via email with your idea.
- If included in the series (via email reply), begin investigating the topic and forming a story. It must be a new or different angle than previously covered by news outlets.
- Submit completed story (max 600 words) to ScienceCalling.com by 22 March 2013.
- The Emerging Writer series will run between 25 March and 05 April 2013 on this site.
During the coming weeks, I will be inviting veteran science writers to give tips and advice to steer the emerging writers in the right direction. I will also post some recommended resources for new writers.
There are a limited number of places, so please contact me asap if you want to be included in this series.